Wednesday, May 6, 2015

“HARD WORK PAYS” AKANYO WINFRED



“I fill very happy that I got sponsorship from the Director General of Amref Health Africa. I worked very hard to make sure that I perform very well and thank God I made it.” The joyful Akanyo narrated.   Akanyo Winfred is one of the 2 girls who received sponsorship from Amref Health Africa Director General during her visit to commission EU supported work in the school. She sat her Primary Leaving Examination at St Peters P.7 Primary School Laroo in 2014. She scored 11 Aggregates which is Division I (English=2, Science=3, Social Studies=3 and Mathematics=1). I am so grateful for my sponsor because she contributed to this success through paying my school dues. I must also say that Amref’s project work in my school also contributed to this success. The debates that ASK project facilitated helped me so much to improve on my English and how to answer questions. The water and sanitation project was also vital as it improved on girl’s privacy, no time to waste upon waiting to use a toilet or to collect water as we received 2 water borne toilet blocks and a 20,000 litre rain water harvesting tank.  Winfred wish to be a Doctor and she plans to work hard and attain her desire. Winfred will be joining Secret Heart Senior Secondary School in Gulu and she cannot wait to be there.

Mr. Nyeko Micheal Opiyo Winfred’s father expressed his gratitude to Amref for the sponsoring his daughter. “You cannot imagine how you have saved me”. What a unique blessing came into my life, and my daughter! May God reward Amref abundantly! These were words from Nyeko a father of 9.

St. Peters P.7 P/S has a total current enrollment of 1265 (604 boys and 661 girls). This high enrollment is due to the good performance of the school. 63 pupils sat for their PLE last year with 9 in Division 1, 52 in Division 2 and 2 pupils in Division 3&4.  Ms Kibwota Christine (the head teacher) relates the good performance to the good working relationship among School Management Committee, Teachers, Pupils and Parents. She also compelled the pupils for their hard working and the support received from Amref. 

St Peters P.7 P/S Laroo is one of the model schools where sanitation and hygiene promotion has been put into practice.  The entire school looks neat, with clean toilet facilities and children washing their hands after toilet. I commend the School Management Committee, teachers, school health club members and all children for sustaining their sanitation and hygiene behavior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment